Incorporated in 1998, Ernest Communications has roots in the telecom industry that date back to 1984. At that time, Joseph Ernest founded Ernest Telecom, a company devoted to the design and manufacture of printed circuit boards. In 1992, Paul Masters joined Ernest Telecom, and over the course of five years held various sales leadership and senior management positions before becoming President in 1996. Coincidentally, The Telecommunications Act was signed into law in 1996, the first major overhaul to telecommunications law in more than a half century. The groundbreaking legislation was aimed at spurring innovative technology for telecom consumers by allowing all qualified companies access to the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN). Recognizing the opportunity to gain access to the country’s nearly 200 million local lines, Mr. Ernest and Mr. Masters co-founded Ernest Communications, Inc. and the Company quickly became one of the nation’s largest telecommunications companies dedicated exclusively to serving multi-location businesses throughout the U.S.
Ernest’s Mission: We are experts in the delivery and care of communications services. We strive to act honorably, inspire excellence, and instill confidence in all who come in contact with us.
- We recognize that our Clients have choices when deciding whom to trust with their critical telecom needs, and we believe that our attitude should reflect our appreciation for that trust with each and every encounter, knowing that technical competence alone is insufficient. Doing the right thing, with the wrong attitude, is really doing the wrong thing.
- We believe in the power of “togetherness”, trusting that when we utilize the strengths of our fellow Ernest Teammates, as well as Clients, and Vendors that we create solutions far exceeding our individual capabilities.
- We believe that the greatest component of success, personally or corporately, is the continuous pursuit of education. When we submit ourselves to the discipline of learning, we open our minds to new ideas and new possibilities, and add greater value to our surroundings.
- We believe that each and every member of the Ernest Team should be accountable for following through with our commitments. If we are unwilling to assume responsibility for our actions, regardless of their significance, we are fundamentally incapable of serving our Clients.
- We believe that all of our activities should be performed with a high level of energy, born out of desire and motivation to exceed the expectations that others have of us, especially ourselves.